Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What IRS Tax Form does a daycare give its customers?

The W-10 is the form that parents in the United States need from their daycare providers in order to claim the daycare costs when filing income tax returns.

One item of note is that the provider's taxpayer identification number (tax ID or tid) is a required field on this form. If the provider hasn't been assigned one of these by the IRS, the provider's social security number will be input instead.

Since sharing one's SSN is less than ideal, it is suggested one register for the tax ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment